Mythos Brewery is the second largest brewery in Greece and part of the Carlsberg Group. The company’s brewing facility is located in Thessaloniki where Mythos, Kaiser and Henninger beers are produced and distributed across the country. Mythos beer, the most famous Hellenic beer, is the only Greek beer brand that is exported to approximately 40 countries having branded demand and loyal fans.
The company also imports and distributes international beer brands throughout the country. These include the Carlsberg Group brands Carlsberg, Grimbergen and Somersby cider as well as Mexican beer Corona Extra, the Irish brands Guinness and Kilkenny, the Bavarian Weiss bier Schneider Weisse, and the Irish Cider Magners.
That's how Mythos Brewery expands the Greek market of beer and offers consumers more beers with a wide variety of flavours. The company also maintains distribution centers in Athens, Thessaloniki and Crete, providing nationwide distribution coverage.
1968 Founding of Henninger Hellas S.A., by Henninger Brau AG Brewery of Frankfurt, Germany.
1976 Production of Kaiser Pilsner starts in Greece.
1989 BSN (French multinational -DANONE- company, producer of Kronenbourg beer) takes over Henninger Hellas.
1992 Boutari Group acquires control of Henninger Hellas S.A.
1997 Launching of the first authentic Hellenic Beer, Mythos. Mythos managed to reverse the situation in a stagnant and established market and win the hearts of the Greeks and foreigners, becoming soon the 1st genuine Greek and third most favorite beer in the Greek market .
2000 The Company’s name changes to Mythos Brewery.
2002 -2006 Scottish & Newcastle acquires gradually full control and 100% ownership of Mythos Brewery S.A.
2008 Carlsberg Group acquires ownership of Mythos Brewery. Mythos beer wins the Superior Taste Award of ITQI.
2009 Mythos Brewery launches Carlsberg beer in a new innovative embossed bottle.
2011 Mythos beer wins for the second time Superior Taste Award of ITQI. Company’s portfolio is empowered with the brands of Corona Extra and Schneider Weisse. Draught Master innovation is launched.
2013 Dynamic re-launch of Mythos Beer and new launch of the innovative brand Somersby Apple.
2014 Launch of Mythos Radhler, the new flavor of Somersby Blackberry as well as the Draught Master Select innovation
CEO: Alexandros Karafillides
Market position: 2
Market share: 17%
Consumption per capita: 34 litres
Carlsberg ownership: 100%
Legal, HR & Communication Director
Tel.: +30 210 66 75 215
Mythos Brewery S.A.
280 Kifissias Ave.,
152 32 Chalandri, Attica
Tel +30 210 6675 200
Fax +30 210 66 75 296
DID YOU KNOW THAT ..?
- In 2001 Mythos beer won the gold award amongst 200 participants (beer and whiskey) in the Canadian competition “2001 Interbeer International Beer&Whiskey Competition” after blind tasting.
- In 2008 the effectiveness of Mythos' integrated campaign “Your Own Mythos” was awarded with the silver Effie in the category of Alcoholic Drinks/ Tobacco/ Media.
- Mythos TV campaign for 2013 has been awarded in “Ermis Awards” the most distinguished advertising and communication competition in Greece.
- Mythos Beer has won 3 times the Superior Taste Award of ITQI (2008, 2011, 2014)
- Mythos Brewery has been awarded from ICAP Group with the “True Leaders” award for 2 consecutive years (2011, 2012) based on criteria of turnover, profitability, credit score and headcount.